Basic Software Baselining Test (BSBT)
(Y/N question to baseline an interviewee’s understanding of software world)
- Do you use a Software Development Methodology ?
- Do you know Agile/Lean?
- When you are solving a problem, do you start with a Requirement/Specification?
- Do you analyze the problem before coding?
- Do you use/know UML (Unified Modeling Language)?
- Do you design before code?
- Do/have you use source control?
- Have you build an application using build tools ant/maven/makefile?
- Do/have you use a bug tracking system?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you write unit tests to test your code?
- Do you know Design Patterns?
- Give me couple of examples of Design Pattern?
- Do you write documentation in your code?
- Do you do ad hoc usability testing?
Score of 7 is 90 percentile for Fresh Graduate
Score of 12 is 85 percentile for 4 years or more experience