When you are trying to create an ‘Engineering’ activities in the clearcase, it gives follow error:
Unable to logon to ClearQuest user database “dbName”
- Navigate to Start, Run and type in cmd
- Type in set
The output will be similar to the following:
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;<...>C:\Program files\Rational\ClearCase\bin;C:\Program Files\Rational\common;
If the above environment variables are not set correctly, you will need to run a repair on the installation for both ClearCase and ClearQuest.
- Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Once Add or Remove Programs opens, in the list you should see ClearQuest and ClearCase.
Note: If you installed ClearQuest using the IBM Rational Suite® Install, then you may see Rational Suite in the Add/Remove programs list instead.
- Select Change and then Repair.
Note: You will need to perform this repair for both ClearCase and ClearQuest.
- Once both ClearCase and ClearQuest are repaired, the missing environment paths should now be present. Verify this by running the set command again.
Here is the reference to the page that describes the solution: ibm suppor page for solution